Instructions to Watch Videos
Why can't I play this video in my browser?
To play videos through your browser on Google Video, your system must meet the following requirements:
• Windows 2000 or higher with latest updates installed or Mac OS X 10.3 or higher
• Firefox 1.1+, IE 5.0+, or Safari 1.0+
• A broadband connection with 500+ Kbps
If you're having trouble watching streaming videos, please make sure that you have a plug-in installed on your computer. Most of the videos listed in our search results are flash videos and require the Abode Flash Player plugin. You can install the Abode Flash plugin by visiting http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/.
1. From the "Tools" menu, select "Internet Options."
2. From the "Security" tab, click "Custom Level."
3. Scroll down to the "Scripting" section and enable "Active scripting."
4. Click "OK" twice to exit "Internet Options."
5. Close all browser windows and relaunch a new browser window.
1. From the "Tools" menu, select "Options."
3. We also recommend checking the "Load images automatically" check box.
4. Click "OK."
Videos on YouTube are streamed through an Adobe Flash player. For the best viewing experience, we suggest you install the latest version of Adobe Flash after removing any old versions you've installed.
Please completely uninstall Flash before reinstalling the latest version.
To uninstall Flash, please follow Adobe's instructions, listed here: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157
Once you're done, restart your computer and follow Adobe's instructions for reinstalling Flash: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
If the instructions above don't resolve the issue please try the following:
1. Temporarily disable popup blocking software installed on your computer to test.
2. Allow YouTube.com as a trusted site in your Firewall software.
3. Ensure other applications like Quicktime, iTunes, Real Player, or Windows Media Player aren't set as the default streaming application, as this might affect the video player.
Windows Vista users:
If the flash uninstall reinstall does not work this maybe due to a Microsoft Windows Vista permissions issue.
Please use the Windows button at the bottom left then the search function:
1. Go to: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\
2. Right-click on the following file: FlashUtil9b.exe or FlashUtil9e.exe
3. Select "Run as Administrator" and install the update.
4. Restart your computer.
Click Here to go back to view videos in Media section.